Terms of Handling of Personal Information
- Company name, and title, department and contact information of the person responsible for management of personal information
The person responsible for management of personal information at AKS, Inc.: executive officer (in charge of compliance)
Address: Omoide Building, 6-1-8, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Purpose of use
The Company announces that it uses personal information of Members within the scope of purposes of use below in accordance with Paragraph 1, Article 18 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (personal information protection law), which is Japanese national law.
・Customer information including transaction history and 48CIRCLE member information.
1) Announcement of products and services offered by the 48CIRCLE Services.
2) Sale of products, provision of services and delivery of products offered by the 48CIRCLE Services.
3) Sending questionnaire with the aim of improving quality of services offered by the 48CIRCLE Services.
4) User authentication and identification such as log-in to services for Members offered by the 48CIRCLE Services.
5) Provision and announcement of services incidental or relevant to matters in 1) to 4) above.
6) Response to inquiry, request, etc. made by Members.
・Information regarding inquirers
1) Response to inquiry, request, etc.
When the necessity of using personal information arises beyond the scope of purpose of use specified or announced in advance, the Company uses the relevant personal information upon obtaining consent of the Member, etc.
- Provision to third parties
The Company shall not disclose or provide personal information of Members to any third party except when:
1) the Company has obtained consent of the Member, etc.
2) such disclosure or provision is required by laws and regulations.
3) such disclosure or provision is necessary for protection of human life, body or assets, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the person who has made the request and
4) the Company’s business activities are taken over through merger, company split, transfer of business or any other event.
The Company may outsource handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use, in which case the Company executes the non-disclosure agreement that the Company has set as a standard with the subcontractor and takes all possible measures to protect personal information.
- Notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of personal information, stoppage of use or deletion of personal information, and the right to reject providing personal information.
Members may request notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of personal information they have provided to the Company, stoppage of use or deletion of the same, or stoppage of providing the same to any third party. For these procedures, Members shall contact the Company in accordance with “12. Complaint, consultation and inquiry regarding personal information.”
As a general rule, any request shall be made by the Member him/herself. Requests of minors on occasion need to be made by their parents, etc. depending on the content of personal information.
Upon receiving such request, the Company shall not disclose the relevant information when it falls under any of a), b) or c) below, not stop using the same, etc. when it falls under d), or not stop providing the same to the third party when it falls under e). In such case, the Company shall make efforts to notify the Member to that effect without delay and explain the reason thereof.
a) There is a possibility that life, body, assets or other rights and interests of the Member or the third party is/are threatened.
b) There is a possibility that proper performance of business activities by the relevant business entity is considerably hindered.
c) The act constitutes violation of laws and regulations.
d) Stoppage of using personal information, etc. requires huge amount of cost or otherwise it is difficult to stop using the same, etc. and the Company takes any alternative measure necessary for protecting rights and interests of the person.
e) Stoppage of providing personal information to the third party requires huge amount of cost or otherwise it is difficult to stop providing the same to the third party, and the Company takes any alternative measure necessary for protecting rights and interests of the person.
- Voluntariness of provision
It is up to each Member whether he/she provides personal information or not. Provided, however, that Members acknowledge that them not providing personal information could, on occasion, make them unable to receive reply to their inquiries, use services, etc. in the 48CIRCLE Services.
- Use of Cookie
Cookies are used on some pages of the website of the 48CIRCLE Services.
1) The Company may use information obtained through Cookie, etc. with the aim of analyzing how the 48CIRCLE Services are used, providing the 48CIRCLE Services in an appropriate manner, etc.
2) In the members-only services, the Company may associate information obtained through Cookie, etc. with information that identifies a Member in order to provide services customized for each Member.
- Personal information obtained other than in writing directly from the person
The Company shall use personal information to be handled in the course of outsourced business that is obtained from the outsourcing party solely for carrying out the business outsourced to the Company.
- Transfer of personal information to third countries, etc.
（1）When a Member who resides in a country or region outside Japan provides his/her personal information to the Company or the Service Provider, all such personal information is to be transferred into Japan upon such provision and handled by the Company in accordance with Japanese laws and regulations related to personal information protection.
（2）The Company may outsource storing and processing of personal information of Members to any third party outside Japan within the scope of purpose of use, and may provide personal information of Members to any Service Provider outside Japan used by such Members. In such cases, the Service Provider may provide the Company with personal information of the relevant Members including history of their use of services.
（3）For provision of personal information based on the preceding items, since countries of European Economic Area (hereinafter referred to as the “EEA Countries”) and Japan have been assessed to ensure an adequate level of data protection that enables mutual transfer of personal data for handling personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Adequacy Decision”), the EEA Countries and Japan are allowed to mutually transfer personal information. Members acknowledge in advance that the Adequacy Decision is not necessarily given to other countries or regions, and that Members might not be able to receive appropriate protective measures at the level equal to the case between the EEA Countries and Japan.
These Terms shall not apply to, and the Company is not responsible for, security of personal information of Members processed on any website linked to the 48CIRCLE Services. Members shall confirm the terms and conditions separately stipulated that apply to handling of personal information on such website. Further, Members shall maintain password and registration information at their responsibility and pay close attention to handling of such information.
These Terms will be revised as necessary in order to strengthen protection of Members’ personal information and to keep compliance with the laws and regulations newly enacted or as amended. We recommend that Members check the latest version of these Terms on a regular basis.
- Complaint, consultation and inquiry regarding personal information
For inquiry regarding Members’ personal information, general question about personal information protection, etc., please contact the desk below.
Personal Information Consultation Desk, AKS, Inc.
※This desk is only for receiving complaint, consultation and inquiry regarding personal information from the Member him/herself, and does not accept any other inquiry.
Name of the “authorized personal information protection organization” to which the Company belongs as a target business operator and contact information for request for complaint resolution.
Dept: Consultation Desk for Complaints on Personal Information Protection, PrivacyMark Promotion Center
TEL: 03 - 5860 - 7565 / 0120 - 700 - 779
Address: Roppongi First Building, 9-9 Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku Tokyo, 106-0032 Japan